Besides being a rewarding experience, volunteering enables you to gain independence and confidence, meet new people and develop new skills that may even improve your grades or job prospects. There is no better place to start than at Ashfield Rugby Club.
If you are aged 16-25 and would like to find out more about how you can volunteer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The benefits of volunteering are numerous and varied for young people, but can include:
• An opportunity to have fun outside the school environment
• An opportunity to make a difference in someone's life
• A healthy opportunity, such as tackling obesity through sport
• Educational opportunities - learn through doing as a complement to formal education
• Gaining skills or taking part in training
• Gaining work experience and make contacts within a profession
• Qualification opportunities in coaching, refereeing, leadership and team management
• It's good for your CV - especially for Further or Higher Education
• Personal and social development
• May help increase self-esteem and self-confidence
• The opportunity to become part of a team
• Meeting new people from a variety of age groups: it's a good way to meet new friends
• Gives you a position within the community - an opportunity to become involved with community activities.
• Gives you a sense of pride; feeling needed and valued
• You can work towards gaining accreditation, such as Step Into Sport or the Duke of Edinburgh Award.